Thursday 10 March 2016

Diary Post Term 1 Week 5

Diary Post

Term 1 Week 5

My first few weeks at school were pretty cool.
I am a year 6 now and I am really happy.

At school we are doing this awesome art project and we are learning about lots of different patterns. We are trying to make a self-portrait with patterns and shapes and we think that in the end it will look really cool. Mrs G took photos of us and we have to draw ourselves on a large piece of paper using patterns.
It is so fun.

We also have these people called Youthtown come to our school and teach us lots of different games, sports and activities. We go to Youthtown on Tuesdays. We have learnt a game called capture the flag and have been playing that a lot. You have to get the other teams ball and then they have to get it back. I had to tag people and some of my friends went in to the other teams territory and I had go save them. I thought that it was quite fun.

We have also been learning how to make music with our bodies.
That means with our arms, legs and our mouths.
We have also been learning how to read musical notes
such as a Minim, a Breve, a Semibreve and a Crochet.
I already knew all these ones so I found it easy.

We are ALSO reading a novel called the Whale Rider.
The Whale Rider (by Witi Ihimaera) is about a girl called Kahu, her Nanny and her Grandfather. They are Maori (The traditional language of New Zealand) and the Grandfather is descended from Kahutia-Te-Rangi, The Whale Rider.
I think it is quite a good book.


If these few weeks were that good... then I can't wait to see what will happen next week!!!











No comments: